Home » Posts tagged 'RHEL'
Tag Archives: RHEL
Baru ngeh setelah dapet link informasi tentang virtualisasi yang disupport oleh RHEL. Ternyata mulai dari RHEL 5, Redhat sudah mulai memakai teknologi virtualisasi KVM dan bukan lagi XEN.
Berikut perbandingan fiturnya :
Virtualization Limits for Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) Hypervisors
a) RHEL5 KVM and Xen Virtualization
b) RHEL6 KVM Virtualization
c) Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV-H)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Technology capabilities and limits (supported[/theoretical])
- Technology capabilities and limits chart
- Server versions comparison chart
- Desktop versions comparison chart
|RHEL 5 XEN x86||RHEL 5 XEN x64||RHEL 5 KVM||RHEL 6 KVM|
|Maximum number of cores in host|
|32 ||128||96||128 / 4096|
|Maximum memory in host|
|N/A||N/A||1TB||2TB / 64TB|
|Maximum number of virtual CPUs in paravirtualized guest|
|x86||32 ||32 ||N/A||N/A|
|Maximum memory in paravirtualized guest (x86)|
|Maximum number of virtual CPUs in fully virtualized guest|
|x86||32 ||32 ||16||64|
|Maximum memory in fully virtualized guest|
The RHEL Virtualization support matrix can be found here.
 Supported limits reflect the current state of system testing by Red Hat and its partners for mainstream hardware. Systems exceeding these supported limits may be included in the Hardware Catalog after joint testing between Red Hat and its partners. If they exceed the supported limits posted here, entries in the Hardware Catalog will include a reference to the details of the system specific limits, and are fully supported. In addition to supported limits reflecting hardware capability, there may be additional limits under the Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscription terms. Supported limits are subject to change as on-going testing completes.
 Supports a maximum of 125 CPUs across entire machine.
 Requires Intel EPT or AMD RVI technology support.
Redhat Enterprise Linux V5 UPDATE 5 x86/x64 DVD
Redhat Enterprise Linux V5 UPDATE 5 x86/x64 DVD | 3.31GB
Red Hat Enterprise Linux solutions, in combination with other Red Hat technologies-such as JBoss middleware solutions – provide the easy, no-risk path to open source cost savings. Use commodity hardware. Interoperate easily with existing UNIX and Windows infrastructure. Deploy applications you know and trust. Reduce system administration costs through high server/admin ratios and desktop-to-mainframe consistency. Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, originally released in March 2007, contains more than 1,200 components covering a broad range of functionality. Red Hat Enterprise Linux provides CIOs and IT managers with the means to reduce costs while improving operational flexibility throughout their computing infrastructure.
Virtualization with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
* Virtualization is provided in all Red Hat Enterprise Linux server products and is optionally available for desktop products
* Storage and extended server virtualization are provided with Red Hat Enterprise Linux Advanced Platform
* Red Hat Network supports virtualized guest operating systems
* virt-manager, libvirt/virsh management tools are available for single system or scripted virtualization management
* Integration with Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization is available for enterprise virtualization management
Kernel and performance
* Currently in update 4
* Based on the Linux 2.6.18 kernel
* Optimized for multi-core processors
* Continued hardware support for maximum flexibility
* Development and performance tools, including SystemTap
* advanced I/O performance and virtualization technologies, such as SRIOV
* Large SMP support for both physical and virtual systems
* IPv4/IPv6 fragmentation offload and buffer management
* Dynamically switchable per-queue I/O schedulers
* Kernel buffer splice capability for improved I/O buffer operations
* Red Hat Enterprise Linux Advanced Platform
* Red Hat Enterprise Linux
* View server comparison chart
* Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop
* View desktop comparison chart
* SELinux enhancements include Multi-Level Security and targeted policies for all services
* SEtroubleshooter GUI simplifies SELinux management
* Integrated directory and security capabilities
* IPSEC enhancements improve security and performance
* ExecShield enhancements, such as a call frame Canary word, strengthen hacker defenses
* New Audit features provide powerful new search/reporting and real-time monitoring
Networking & interoperability
* Network storage enhancements include Autofs, FS-Cache, and iSCSI support
* IPv6 support and conformance enhancements
* Improved Microsoft® file/print and Active Directory integration, including support for Windows
* Desktop enhancements include updated configuration tools, applications, and laptop support
* Foundational Stateless Linux features (X autoconfigure, NetworkManager, etc.)
* Improved ACPI support with features such as suspend to disk
* Smart card login – with PKI/Kerberos authentication
* Integrated multimedia support
* Enhanced plug and play hardware support (cameras, printers, scanners, etc.)
* Network Manager provides automatic wired and wireless network configuration
* Enhanced graphics using AIGLX/Compiz (with fading, transparency, etc.)
* Enhanced application development tools including SystemTap profiler and Frysk debugger
* GCC 4.1 and glibc 2.5 toolchain
* Support for root device multipath IO (MPIO) improves availability
* Single system/guest version of Red Hat Global File System included in the base server product
* Block device data encryption support
* Numerous installer improvements make system configuration simpler
* Yum/Pup-based updater for Red Hat Network
* Conga cluster and storage management (with Advanced Platform)
* Integrated support with Satellite server
Download link :
Gue saat ini menyediakan layanan Remote SAP Basis support, VMware setting and configuration support, Promox VE installation, configuration, and support, Oracle and DB2 support services.
Khusus untuk Remote SAP Basis Support Services bisa buka link berikut (https://sapbasis.wordpress.com/paid-remote-sap-basis-support/) untuk mendapatkan informasi tentang layanan tersebut.
Rate per month negotiable.Silakan kontak langsung saya.
Support bisa dilakukan via TeamViewer.
Gue baru tau kemaren. Udah 2 kali server SLES 9 saya jebol. Blom tahu sebabnya kenapa.
Sebagai gantinya, saya coba RHEL AS 4…:( Walaupun akhirnya server harus pake ext3 file system. Saya pribadi cenderung suka reiserfs. Nanti -lah abis install SAP apps server, baru coba reiserfs on Redhat.
Wish me luck …:)